Welcome to Canada's Largest Ribfest Recycling Team Volunteer Sign Up!
Role and qualifications of a Recycling Volunteer - Please read this first, then scroll down to see available shifts
- You will sort waste into 3 categories: recyclables, biodegradables or garbage and may help clean up the park.
- You will work out of one of many Waste Stations throughout Spencer Smith Park and help us to keep the event green and clean.
- You will be provided with a t-shirt and disposable gloves.
- Most shifts last 4 hours with a break.
- You will work as part of a team of two (2) or more in the small stations and a team of three (3) or more in the large waste stations
- Preferred minimum age is 13 years, but those younger than 13 may volunteer, provided that they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also volunteering on the Recycling Team.
- IF YOU WISH TO CLAIM YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR YOUR STUDENT OSSD REQUIREMENT, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "STUDENT FOR 2018?" BOX.
- If you are not a Rotarian but know a member of the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore personally, please enter their name (first and last) in the "RCBL Member You Know" field.
- You will be sent an email with links to the Volunteer Manual and the Accessibility Guide in August.
- You will be asked to attend a Volunteer Orientation event a day or two before the festival (date TBA) at Spencer Smith Park - you will be sent an email with more details in August.
- Eligible volunteers not claiming hours for their OSSD are eligible to participate in our Volunteer Motivation Program in which they can donate their time to a charity of their choosing. The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore will need to approve charities not listed on our database. Should you wish to add a charity to the list, please type it into the field provided on the shift sign-up form. The Community Service Committee will review each new charity submission but does not guarantee approval. Please allow 5 business days for the approval process. For more details please contact us at email@example.com
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada's Largest Ribfest, would like to thank you for volunteering your time! Many charities will benefit as a result of your support.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN RESIZE THE SIGN UP POPUP WINDOW TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE
Click the "sign up" link to the left of the shift you want - a pop-up window will appear. Fill in all fields that are not greyed out.
If you wish to sign up for multiple shifts, you can do so easily by keeping the main shift selection window open - after completing the sign-up process for your first shift, just click the "sign up" link for the next shift you'd like to work - the system will load your information into the pop-up window and all you'll need to do is to scroll down and click on the "Sign Up" box.