Welcome to Canada's Largest Ribfest Signage Teams Volunteer Sign Up!
Role and qualifications of a Signage Team Volunteer - Please read this first, then scroll down to see available shifts
- Minimum age is 16 years. No prior experience is necessary.
- For Thursday August 30th, you will report to the Team Leader in the West Volunteer Tent to receive instructions and then help with mounting the rest of the signs in the park. You will be given a t-shirt to wear (mandatory) and supplied with gloves and tools to use. The Team Leader will deliver sets/stacks of signs to various locations to which the members of the team will be deployed. Some larger signs will require 2 people to handle. If a ladder must be used to gain access to the mounting height, a 2-person team is mandatory for safety reasons.
- For Monday September 3rd, you will report to the West Volunteer Tent for check-in and deployment. If this is your first shift, you will be given a t-shirt to wear (mandatory) and supplied with gloves and tools to use. The primary task is to take the signs down while preserving them to be used the following year. It is important to take care when removing the signs so that they are not damaged. The signs will be stacked neatly in the area where they were erected and the Team Leader will come to collect them with a golf cart. You may be asked to help clean the signs before they are put away in the Rotary Ribfest trailer. Depending on various factors, this task may be completed before 9:00 pm, but volunteers will receive credit for the full shift even if they are dismissed before the 9:00 pm scheduled finish time.
- All shifts include check-in time. Snacks and beverages (non-alcoholic) will be available. Breaks will be scheduled by the on-site Team Leader.
- IF YOU WISH TO CLAIM YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR YOUR STUDENT OSSD REQUIREMENT, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "STUDENT FOR 2018?" BOX.
- If you are not a Rotarian but know a member of the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore personally, please enter their name (first and last) in the "RCBL Member You Know" field.
- You will be sent an email with links to the Volunteer Manual and the Accessibility Guide before your shift.
- Eligible volunteers not claiming hours for their OSSD are eligible to participate in our Volunteer Motivation Program in which they can donate their time to a charity of their choosing. The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore will need to approve charities not listed on our database. Should you wish to add a charity to the list, please type it into the field provided on the shift sign-up form. The Community Service Committee will review each new charity submission but does not guarantee approval. Please allow 5 business days for the approval process. For more details please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada's Largest Ribfest, would like to thank you for volunteering your time! Many charities will benefit as a result of your support.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN RESIZE THE SIGN UP POPUP WINDOW TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE
If you wish to sign up for multiple shifts, you can do so easily by keeping the main shift selection window open - after completing the sign-up process for your first shift, just click the "sign up" link for the next shift you'd like to work - the system will load your information into the pop-up window and all you'll need to do is to scroll down and click on the "Sign Up" box.