Welcome to Canada's Largest Ribfest 50/50 Draw Ticket Sellers Volunteer Sign Up!
Role and qualifications of a 50/50 Draw Ticket Seller Volunteer - Read this first, then scroll down to see the available shifts.
- You must be approved by the Ribfest Team before your shift will be confirmed.
- You must be at least 18 years of age as per AGCO regulations.
- You may be assigned to work as part of a team of 2 people for safety reasons (carrying cash).
- You will be provided with a t-shirt to wear during your shift (mandatory).
- You will pick up a handheld ticket printer device and a cash float apron after you check in at the Volunteer Tent with first the Volunteer staff and then the 50/50 Team Leader.
- You will be trained at the beginning of your shift on the ticket selling procedures and also the operation of the ticket printing device.
- You may roam the park, announcing to the public that you have 50/50 Draw tickets for sale, or you may be stationed at a tent near one of the park entrances, or you may be assigned to another stationary location (in or near a Beverage Tent, for instance).
- You will be provided with a "cheat sheet" of frequently asked questions about the 50-50 draw.
- You will verify the eligibility of a prospective customer (must be at least 18 years of age and must not be intoxicated).
- Shifts are from 2 to 4 hours in length, not including check-in time, but volunteers may choose their own start and end times if discussed with the Volunteer Team first.
- IF YOU WISH TO CLAIM YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR YOUR STUDENT OSSD REQUIREMENT, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "STUDENT FOR 2019?" BOX.
- All non-Rotarian volunteers are eligible to win either the Leadership Award (19+) or the Youth Impact Award (under 19) - see the details on our Volunteer Page.
- If you are not a Rotarian but know a member of the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore personally, please enter their name (first and last) in the "RCBL Member You Know" field.
- Please read the RCBL Ribfest 2019 Volunteer Manual, CLR 2019 Public Safety Guidelines, the City of Burlington Accessible Customer Service Guide and Halton Region's Put Waste in its Place documents before your shift.
- By volunteering, you agree to abide by our Volunteer Code of Conduct and Social Media Etiquette.
- You will receive an email reminder for each of your shifts a few days before each shift.
- Eligible volunteers not claiming hours for their OSSD are eligible to participate in our Volunteer Motivation Program in which they can donate their time to a charity of their choosing. Select "Yes" for the Donate Volunteer Hours fields and select your preferred charity from the drop-down list in the Charity For Volunteer Hours Donation field.
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada's Largest Ribfest, would like to thank you for volunteering your time!
Many charities will benefit as a result of your support.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN RESIZE THE SIGN UP POPUP WINDOW TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE
If you wish to sign up for multiple shifts, you can do so easily by keeping the main shift selection window open - after completing the sign-up process for your first shift, just click the "sign up" link for the next shift you'd like to work - the system will load your information into the pop-up window and all you'll need to do is to scroll down and click on the "Sign Up" box.