Welcome to Canada's Largest Ribfest Beverage Team Volunteer Sign Up!
Role and qualifications of a Beverage Team Volunteer - Please read this first, then scroll down to see available shifts
- You must be at least 18 years of age before the festival begins.
- You should have your Smart Serve Certification before the festival begins. Due to recent changes on the Smart Serve website, we no longer purchase tokens for volunteers, but we will reimburse the cost .
- The course currently costs $39.49 including HST. We now ask you to pay for this when you are ready to start the course. Once you receive your confirmation email from Smart Serve that you have passed the test, forward it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reimburse you $40 in cash when you come for your first shift at Ribfest.
- If you prefer to NOT take this training and test, but still want to volunteer, please sign up for as many shifts as you can handle- we will make sure that you're assigned to a tent or area where there are sufficient Smart Serve Certified volunteers to meet the requirements of our Special Event Licence.
- If serving and/or taking beverage orders, you will verify the age eligibility of each guest ordering alcoholic beverages if they appear under 25.
- You will be provided with a t-shirt (mandatory to wear during your shift) .
- You will work as part of a team of three (3) or more, plus Cashiers.
- You may be asked to process transactions on a debit/credit machine, be a server/runner for the cashier(s) for cash transactions, and/or you may be asked to restock the beverage tubs with ice and beverages.
- If assigned to help set-up and stock the beverage tubs, you will be required to lift cases of beer, coolers, water and soda-pop and large bags of ice, so strength and stamina are an asset.
- As a server/runner, you will be required to open beverage cans (tools provided, or bring your own if preferred).
- You will be deployed to one of three (3) tents - East, West or Ribline. If you have a preference, please include this in the Volunteer Notes field. We will endeavour to accommodate all requests, but cannot guarantee them.
- Training will be provided at the start of the shift by the Tent Captain.
- Shifts are 4 to 5 hours in length with at least one break. Note that the start times all allow for checking in and getting to your assigned station and that the closing shift includes cleanup & put-away after the festival closes for the night.
- IF YOU WISH TO CLAIM YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR YOUR STUDENT OSSD REQUIREMENT, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "STUDENT FOR 2019?" BOX.
- All non-Rotarian volunteers are eligible to win either the Leadership Award (19+) or the Youth Impact Award (under 19) - see the details on our Volunteer Page.
- If you are not a Rotarian but know a member of the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore personally, please enter their name (first and last) in the "RCBL Member You Know" field.
- Please read the RCBL Ribfest 2019 Volunteer Manual, CLR 2019 Public Safety Guidelines, the City of Burlington Accessible Customer Service Guide and Halton Region's Put Waste in its Place documents before your shift.
- By volunteering, you agree to abide by our Volunteer Code of Conduct and Social Media Etiquette.
- You will receive an email reminder for each of your shifts a few days before each shift.
- Eligible volunteers not claiming hours for their OSSD are eligible to participate in our Volunteer Motivation Program in which they can donate their time to a charity of their choosing. Select "Yes" for the Donate Volunteer Hours fields and select your preferred charity from the drop-down list in the Charity For Volunteer Hours Donation field.
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada's Largest Ribfest, would like to thank you for volunteering your time!
Many charities will benefit as a result of your support.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN RESIZE THE SIGN UP POPUP WINDOW TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE
If you wish to sign up for multiple shifts, you can do so easily by keeping the main shift selection window open - after completing the sign-up process for your first shift, just click the "sign up" link for the next shift you'd like to work - the system will load your information into the pop-up window and all you'll need to do is to scroll down and click on the "Sign Up" box.