Welcome to Canada's Largest Ribfest Cashier Volunteer Sign Up!
Role and qualifications of a Cashier Volunteer - Please read this first, then scroll down to see available shifts
- You must be at least 18 years of age before the festival begins.
- You should have your Smart Serve Certification before the Festival begins, although this is not mandatory for all Cashiers. Due to recent changes on the Smart Serve website, we no longer purchase tokens for volunteers, but we will reimburse the cost .
- The course currently costs $39.49 including HST. We now ask you to pay for this when you are ready to start the course. Once you receive your confirmation email from Smart Serve that you have passed the test, forward it to me at email@example.com and we will reimburse you $40 in cash when you come for your first shift at Ribfest.
- If you prefer to NOT take this training and test, but still want to volunteer, please sign up for as many shifts as you can handle- we will make sure that you're assigned to a tent or area where there are sufficient Smart Serve Certified volunteers to meet the requirements of our Special Event Licence.
- You will be responsible for verifying the age of those who appear under 25 years.
- You will work with a Beverage Server/Runner, who will take and fulfill orders for beverages while you process the cash transaction and make change.
- You will be provided with a t-shirt (mandatory to wear during your shift) .
- You will be deployed to one of three (3) tents - East, West or Ribline. If you have a preference, please include this in the Volunteer Notes field. We will endeavour to accommodate all requests, but cannot guarantee them.
- You will be working at "bar height".
- Training will be provided at the start of the shift by the Head Cashier.
- Cashier, bar or bank experience is an asset, but not required
- Shifts are of various lengths with at least one break. Note that the start times all allow for checking in and getting to your assigned station and that the closing shifts include cleanup & put-away after the festival closes for the night.
- IF YOU WISH TO CLAIM YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR YOUR STUDENT OSSD REQUIREMENT, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "STUDENT FOR 2019?" BOX.
- If you are not a Rotarian but know a member of the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore personally, please enter their name (first and last) in the "RCBL Member You Know" field.
- A Volunteer Manual and Accessibility Guide will be provided to you in August.
- You will receive email reminder(s) of your shift(s) 4 days before each shift.
- Eligible volunteers not claiming hours for their OSSD are eligible to participate in our Volunteer Motivation Program in which they can donate their time to a charity of their choosing. The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore will need to approve charities not listed on our database. Should you wish to add a charity to the list, please type it into the field provided on the shift sign-up form. The Community Service Committee will review each new charity submission but does not guarantee approval. Please allow 5 business days for the approval process. For more details please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada's Largest Ribfest, would like to thank you for volunteering your time! Many charities will benefit as a result of your support.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN RESIZE THE SIGN UP POPUP WINDOW TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE
If you wish to sign up for multiple shifts, you can do so easily by keeping the main shift selection window open - after completing the sign-up process for your first shift, just click the "sign up" link for the next shift you'd like to work - the system will load your information into the pop-up window and all you'll need to do is to scroll down and click on the "Sign Up" box.