Welcome to Canada's Largest Ribfest Recycling Setup Volunteer Sign Up!
Role and qualifications of a Recycling Setup Volunteer - Please read this first, then scroll down to see available shifts
- Preferred minimum age is 13 years, but those younger than 13 may volunteer, provided that they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also volunteering on the Recycling Team.
- For Thursday Aug. 29th, you will report to the Supervisor in the large white tent at the West side of the park and then help with setting up the Waste Stations throughout the park. You might also be helping to clean up the park of debris.
- For Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, you will report to the Main Waste Recycling Station (see map included with your shift reminder email). If there is nobody there, you'll grab gloves and a blue bin, then start picking up debris off the ground in the park. If a Supervisor is available, they may assign other related tasks. Once all garbage/debris is picked up, all volunteers will help with sorting.
- You may be working as part of a team of 2, or you may be working alone.
- You will be provided with a t-shirt (mandatory to wear during your shift) and disposable gloves .
- All shifts last 4 hours with a short break about mid-way. Water and some snacks will be provided.
- IF YOU WISH TO CLAIM YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR YOUR STUDENT OSSD REQUIREMENT, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "STUDENT FOR 2019?" BOX.
- All non-Rotarian volunteers are eligible to win either the Leadership Award (19+) or the Youth Impact Award (under 19) - see the details on our Volunteer Page.
- If you are not a Rotarian but know a member of the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore personally, please enter their name (first and last) in the "RCBL Member You Know" field.
- Please read the RCBL Ribfest 2019 Volunteer Manual, CLR 2019 Public Safety Guidelines, the City of Burlington Accessible Customer Service Guide and Halton Region's Put Waste in its Place documents before your shift.
- By volunteering, you agree to abide by our Volunteer Code of Conduct and Social Media Etiquette.
- You will receive an email reminder for each of your shifts a few days before each shift.
- Eligible volunteers not claiming hours for their OSSD are eligible to participate in our Volunteer Motivation Program in which they can donate their time to a charity of their choosing. Select "Yes" for the Donate Volunteer Hours fields and select your preferred charity from the drop-down list in the Charity For Volunteer Hours Donation field.
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada's Largest Ribfest, would like to thank you for volunteering your time!
Many charities will benefit as a result of your support.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN RESIZE THE SIGN UP POPUP WINDOW TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE
If you wish to sign up for multiple shifts, you can do so easily by keeping the main shift selection window open - after completing the sign-up process for your first shift, just click the "sign up" link for the next shift you'd like to work - the system will load your information into the pop-up window and all you'll need to do is to scroll down and click on the "Sign Up" box.