Welcome to Canada's Largest Ribfest Recycling Station Team Volunteer Sign Up!
Role and qualifications of a Recycling Station Volunteer - Please read this first, then scroll down to see available shifts
- Preferred minimum age is 13 years, but those younger than 13 may volunteer, provided that they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also volunteering on the Recycling Team.
- You will be assigned to a station where you will show the festival guest how to sort their own waste or you will be assigned to a station to yourself sort festival waste into one of 3 categories: recyclables, biodegradables or garbage.
- You will work out of one of many Waste Stations throughout Spencer Smith Park and help us to keep the event green and clean.
- IMPORTANT: The closing shifts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights may end sooner, depending on how much work is left to be done when the festival closes at 11:00 pm. If all of the work is finished sooner than 11:30 pm, the supervisor will ask volunteers to leave early but you will receive full credit for the shift.
- You will be provided with a t-shirt (mandatory to wear during your shift) and disposable gloves.
- Most shifts last 4 hours with a break.
- You will work as part of a team of two (2) or more in the small stations and a team of three (3) or more in the large waste stations
- IF YOU WISH TO CLAIM YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR YOUR STUDENT OSSD REQUIREMENT, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "STUDENT FOR 2019?" BOX.
- All non-Rotarian volunteers are eligible to win either the Leadership Award (19+) or the Youth Impact Award (under 19) - see the details on our Volunteer Page.
- If you are not a Rotarian but know a member of the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore personally, please enter their name (first and last) in the "RCBL Member You Know" field.
- Please read the RCBL Ribfest 2019 Volunteer Manual, CLR 2019 Public Safety Guidelines, the City of Burlington Accessible Customer Service Guide and Halton Region's Put Waste in its Place documents before your shift.
- By volunteering, you agree to abide by our Volunteer Code of Conduct and Social Media Etiquette.
- You will receive an email reminder for each of your shifts a few days before each shift.
- Eligible volunteers not claiming hours for their OSSD are eligible to participate in our Volunteer Motivation Program in which they can donate their time to a charity of their choosing. Select "Yes" for the Donate Volunteer Hours fields and select your preferred charity from the drop-down list in the Charity For Volunteer Hours Donation field.
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada's Largest Ribfest, would like to thank you for volunteering your time!
Many charities will benefit as a result of your support.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN RESIZE THE SIGN UP POPUP WINDOW TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE
Click the "sign up" link to the left of the shift you want - a pop-up window will appear. Fill in all fields that are not greyed out.
If you wish to sign up for multiple shifts, you can do so easily by keeping the main shift selection window open - after completing the sign-up process for your first shift, just click the "sign up" link for the next shift you'd like to work - the system will load your information into the pop-up window and all you'll need to do is to scroll down and click on the "Sign Up" box.