Welcome to Canada's Largest Ribfest Hospitality Tent Volunteer Sign Up!
Role and qualifications of a Hospitality Tent Volunteer
- You must be at least 18 years of age before the festival begins.
- You should have your Smart Serve Certification before the festival begins.
- Due to recent changes on the Smart Serve website, we no longer purchase tokens for volunteers, but we will reimburse the cost .
- The course currently costs $39.49 including HST. We now ask you to pay for this when you are ready to start the course. Once you receive your confirmation email from Smart Serve that you have passed the test, forward it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reimburse you $40 in cash when you come for your first shift at Ribfest.
- If you prefer to NOT take this training and test, but still want to volunteer, please sign up for as many shifts as you can handle- we will make sure that you're assigned to a tent or area where there are sufficient Smart Serve Certified volunteers to meet the requirements of our Special Event Licence.
- If serving and/or taking beverage orders, you will verify the age eligibility of each guest ordering alcoholic beverages if they appear under the age of 25 years.
- You will be required to serve beverages and snacks and you may also be required to bus tables depending on staffing and activity levels.
- You will be provided with a t-shirt (mandatory to wear during your shift) ).
- You will work as part of a team of two (2) or more
- You will be trained on site at the beginning of your shift.
- Shifts are 4 to 5 hours in length with at least one break. Note that the start times all allow for checking in and getting to your assigned station and that the closing shift includes cleanup & put-away after the festival closes for the night.
- IF YOU WISH TO CLAIM YOUR VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR YOUR STUDENT OSSD REQUIREMENT, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE "STUDENT FOR 2019?" BOX.
- All non-Rotarian volunteers are eligible to win either the Leadership Award (19+) or the Youth Impact Award (under 19) - see the details on our Volunteer Page.
- If you are not a Rotarian but know a member of the Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore personally, please enter their name (first and last) in the "RCBL Member You Know" field.
- Please read the RCBL Ribfest 2019 Volunteer Manual, CLR 2019 Public Safety Guidelines, the City of Burlington Accessible Customer Service Guide and Halton Region's Put Waste in its Place documents before your shift.
- By volunteering, you agree to abide by our Volunteer Code of Conduct and Social Media Etiquette.
- You will receive an email reminder for each of your shifts a few days before each shift.
- Eligible volunteers not claiming hours for their OSSD are eligible to participate in our Volunteer Motivation Program in which they can donate their time to a charity of their choosing. Select "Yes" for the Donate Volunteer Hours fields and select your preferred charity from the drop-down list in the Charity For Volunteer Hours Donation field.
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada's Largest Ribfest, would like to thank you for volunteering your time!
Many charities will benefit as a result of your support.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN RESIZE THE SIGN UP POPUP WINDOW TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE