Welcome to Canada's Largest Ribfest ECO Team Volunteer Sign Up!
Role and qualifications of an ECO Volunteer
- You will sort waste into 3 categories: recyclables, biodegradables or garbage and may help clean up the park.
- You will work out of one of many Waste Stations throughout Spencer Smith Park and help us to keep the event green and clean.
- You will be provided with a t-shirt and disposable gloves.
- Most shifts last 4 hours with a break.
- You will work as part of a team of three (3) or more, so be ready to make friends
- Preferred minimum age is 13 years, but those younger than 13 may volunteer, provided that they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also volunteering on the ECO Team.
- If you are a student, you can collect student volunteer hours.
- You will be sent an email with links to the Volunteer Manual and the Accessibility Guide in August.
- You will be asked to attend a Volunteer Orientation event on the evening of Thursday September 1st at Spencer Smith Park.
- Volunteers not claiming hours for their OSSD are eligible to participate in our new incentive program in which they can donate their time to a charity of their choosing. The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore will need to approve charities not listed on our database. Should you wish to add a charity to the list, please type it into the field provided on the shift sign-up form. The Community Service Committee will review each new charity submission but does not guarantee approval. Please allow 5 business days for the approval process. For more details please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rotary Club of Burlington Lakeshore, organizers of Canada's Largest Ribfest, would like to thank you for volunteering your time! Many charities will benefit as a result of your support.
NOTE THAT YOU CAN RESIZE THE SIGN UP POPUP WINDOW TO SUIT YOUR DEVICE